Players within this age group have a special ability to learn. Therefore, this is the right age to work on specific soccer techniques and skills. The U10 program will focus on mastering the ball, learning how to train properly, and creating a foundation for the training environment we want to cultivate across the entire club. Practice sessions will focus on using small-sided games to develop basic attacking and defensive principles, to maximize touches on the ball and to mimic the realism of a match. Ball skills, enjoyment of and experimentation within the game is key for a player’s development. Players will rotate in different positions to avoid early specialization.
- The program, which is usually 8-10 weeks in duration, is offered in the fall and spring.
- Training sessions are run by licensed coaches twice a week, dates and times to be determined by the coaches.
- Combination of friendly games and local tournaments (for an additional fee) on the weekends. Teams for games and tournaments will be formed by trying to align individual player ability with the competitiveness of the games.
- Registration fees are $60 per season.
- Uniforms must be purchased through Alpine Impressions. You can also purchase the uniforms through our team store.